9.29.2013

Born to be Bored... On Sundays.

Bored on a Sunday afternoon.
Unable to enjoy the first day of the greatest season of the year (of course it's Autumn!) beacuse of the new Florentine cycle racing widespread obsession, locked up in a house full of people, trying not to become a serial killer before dinner.


So, here's the situation:
Florence is off limits. My wardrobe is still full of hideous spring-summer clothes and sadly poor (maybe really empty) of Fall stuff. My wallet is empty too. And so is my bank account.
My hips have never been so large (maybe I overdid with fries yesterday, the day before yesterday and on Thursday night too. Maybe..): turned out my self confidence exiled to unknown regions far away from here, leaving me with a considerable amount of what Freud called the "Death drive" : Wikipedia says that "the death drive (German Todestrieb) is the drive towards death, self-destruction and the return to the inorganic", in other words you wanna burn you house, your car, your boyfriend after realizing that the only thing you really want to destroy is yourself because your favourite dress doesn't fit you anymore.
My life is fluctuating somewhere, I don't really know where and, actually - given the situation described above-, I couldn't care less of my future and what I'm gonna do with it.
We've run out of coffee and I didn't have lunch, the fridge was more bored than me, empty as my bank account, sad as my poor-gaining-weight body.

I usually go looking for old dusty boxes in these great moments of my life. My death drive often leads me to uncover past memories deleted by my lazy memory. Today I found some pics from the last couple of years... made with my Pentax, photographed by my Ipad.

I hope I survive, life sucks but there are plenty of great things out there in Autumn worth to be photographed. For the moment: Edith Wharton and The Age of Innocence.
Stay tuned.



B&W Teo Knows It Better - © Estate of Laura Poggi
Bored Russian Cat - © Estate of Laura Poggi



It was a November Russian Sunday, It was cold..and Outrageously Beautiful. - © Estate of Laura Poggi
Rufus's Beauty Sleep - © Estate of Laura Poggi





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento